UK/US Personal Tax Manager
Job Title: Private Client Tax Manager
Salary: Up to £80,000 + package
A Tax Manager is expected to manage a large and varied portfolio of clients with complex US and/or UK tax affairs, ensuring excellent client service both from compliance and advisory standpoints, whilst signing out most completed tax returns. They will have a number of staff allocations, some of whom they will directly manage and be expected to influence their development.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Tax Managers have responsibility for running their allocated client list, ensuring clients receive a high level of service;
- Take the lead in the billing processes and ensure deadlines are met;
- Tax Managers are expected to carry out accurate and complex final reviews, ensuring risks are minimised and high standards are maintained;
- Sign out completed tax returns as agreed with senior staff;
- Tax Managers should have sufficient knowledge of other areas of tax (such as estate/gift tax, IHT and corporate tax) to be able to identify when to involve other experts within the company to identify appropriate departments to involve;
- Tax Managers should demonstrate continued development of their management skills, providing support and guidance to allocated junior staff members;
- Ensure the technical, personal and administrative development of allocated staff and deal with personnel issues with guidance from HR;
- Tax Managers are ultimately responsible for ensuring all compliance work meets expected standards - this includes minimising risk and ensuring an excellent level of client service is maintained;
- Ensure all clients receive an exceptional level of service: organising and prompting when necessary to meet all deadlines;
Requirements for this role include:
- Experience of dealing with the full range of client tax requirements;
- Experience of signing out US/UK tax returns
- Experience of managing junior members of staff
- Good people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerical and able to interpret financial data
- Sound IT skills
- Must be able to build strong working relationships with other members of staff.
- The role requires them to be able to persuade and also push back with respect when dealing with difficult clients.
- Must be able to work in a team as well as independently.
- They should support colleagues and provide assistance when required.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly or form informatiob call Matthew Barber on 0207 4307 281