|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
The Tax Senior will work on a businesses' tax compliance, tax planning, income taxes and preparation of tax returns. A Tax Senior must monitor and learn about emerging tax laws as well as tax planning and saving provisions.
For a Tax Senior working on tax reporting this will involve complying with all necessary tax legislation and identifying any savings that minimize tax bills. Tax Seniors compile all required government documents concerning taxes and offer solutions to pressing tax problems and are the point of contact for dealing with HMRC and the IRS.
The Tax Senior duties will be to:
- Compile and present quarterly reporting;
- Enable accurate and timely forecasting of the group tax rate and acceleration of tax reporting;
- Responsible for running their allocated Primary Contact List: taking initial responsibility for completion of compliance process including delegating work;
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of clients; communicate with the management group to ensure completion of work, and develop relationships to become the main contact for allocated clients;
- Tax Seniors should identify possible issues with their Primary Contact list and discuss such issues with the appropriate lead;
- As projects arise, Tax Seniors should look to work on consultancy and research projects with senior staff;
- As reviewers, it is vital that Tax Seniors have up to date technical knowledge and are able to apply this to their work;
- Tax Seniors should be able to identify any additional internal training sessions they may benefit from attending, or any which should be added to the training offering;
- Review of tax provisions;
- Liaise with third party professionals including solicitors, other accountant, tax advisers and independent financial advisers.
You will have:
- AAT as well as willing to undertake CTA
- Experience of dealing with the full range of client tax requirements
- Sound knowledge of statutory taxation requirements
- Knowledge of key aspects of tax legislation
- Experience of working with US accounting and tax and experienced in preparing and reviewing increasingly complex US and/or UK tax returns will be an added benefit
- Knowledge of company and partnership taxation as well as personal taxation is desirable
If you have an interest in this role, please apply with your updated CV and a summary of your relevant key skills.