An international law firm's in house team seek a Tax Manager to take on an interesting and varied role which is central to ensuring that the firm continues meets its global tax reporting obligations.
The role offers genuine development and progression.
- Planning, facilitating and coordinating tax compliance for partners across the global firm. Includes information gathering, preparation and review of returns, and provision of information both internally and externally to ensure efficient and timely submission. Core portfolio comprises UK tax returns for c.80 UK resident partners
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual UK composite tax return (which reports the combined UK profits of our non-UK resident partners on a single personal tax return)
- Applying tax knowledge to identify and resolve any technical issues which arise
- Dealing with handover issues for new or retiring partners, including new partner induction meetings.
- Responding to ad-hoc compliance and planning queries from partners, undertaking research as necessary to support conclusions.
- Ad-hoc advice on employee tax issues and compliance, including preparation of annual P11Ds and aspects arising from international mobility.
- Maintaining CCH tax software for the team, including management of upgrades.
- Ensuring technical knowledge is kept up-to-date and sharing knowledge across the team.
For this role they are open to anyone with Tax experience from a Big 4 or Accountancy practice, so previous legal and tax partnership experience is not essential.