My client is an international Law Firm and are looking for a Tax Assistant to join their Taxation team. Your main responsibility will be to focus on the preparation of partners' tax returns and to be involved in other aspects of partnership tax. This role is ideal for someone who has worked in legal finance and is looking to progress their career in tax.
- Preparation of Self-Assessment tax returns for non-UK resident partners
- Sending tax return to the partner with cover letter for approval
- Submission of tax return to HMRC
- Maintain spreadsheet tracking the progress of return preparation and individual partners tax payments
- Ensure signed Powers of Attorney are in place for all partners and sent to tax advisors as appropriate
- Prepare schedule of overseas tax payments for US citizens who are not resident in the US
- Assist with the calculation of the partners' tax reserves
- Liaise with HMRC to obtain certificates of tax residency, completion of forms for US tax, and making reclaims for withholding tax as appropriate
- Ideally worked in the finance team of a Law Firm/Professional Services environment
- Have an interest/experience in Tax
- Ability to deal with large amounts of data
- Ability to deal with sensitive personal data
- Organise their work and prioritise tasks
- Experience with Elite3E is highly desirable
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.