|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
An impressive Private Client specialist law firm are looking for a Systems Accountant on a permanent basis which will sits within the Accounts team.
As the Systems Accountant, some of your duties will include:
- Full responsibility for maintenance and development of the firm's practice management system, and other core finance systems
- Drive through continued improvement and development of finance systems and processes, taking into account the needs of the department, deploying new functionality where appropriate
- Management of the interface between finance systems and other in-house/third party software
- Management of finance system upgrades and related testing
- Troubleshooting finance systems issues, liaising with IT or third-party support to ensure efficient resolution
- Maintenance of finance system databases, ensuring scheduled tasks are run, performing month-end closing and system balancing procedures, ensuring the integrity of data in finance systems, investigating and resolving issues identified promptly
- Maintenance of the matter budgeting tool and main contact within the firm for any issues regarding the tool
- Supporting the finance department with extraction of data, report design and development using SQL / Microsoft SSRS and providing ad-hoc analysis as required
- Providing training and assistance to users of finance systems.
- Ad-hoc project work involving development and implementation of new finance systems, and development of existing finance systems
To be successful in this Systems Accountant role you must have worked within Legal Finance, with significant experience in a similar position. You must have solid experience of using a Practice Management System within a law firm, ideally Aderant. You must be able to work on Excel to the highest level, with experience of using SQL and Microsoft SSRS.
Furthermore, you must have excellent attention to detail, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels. You must be able to work independently, as well as part of a time, where you are personable, confident and able to build relationships with partners/key stakeholders.