|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£21 - £65000.00 per annum|
Top International law firm, looking to hire a Senior Accountant on a permanent basis into their London office. Newly refurbished, modern offices in city location, close to multiple tube stations/ overground lines.
Within the role of Senior Accountant, you will have the opportunity to:
- Take on a leadership role as you manage and lead the London Management Accounts team, which are responsible for the Management accounts, budgets and projections.
- Work in the head office and engage in global costs.
- Build both internal and external relationships and beneficial lines of communication. This includes an internal close relationship with Project Leaders on London based projects allowing you to understand impact on Finance.
- To work internally with Accounts Payable and Cashiering team to enhance their knowledge and providing training as required.
- You will provide finance support to the London based Budget holders.
- To build relationships with our external accountants to guarantee we are updated on local accounting and tax changes.
- Receive appropriate training to fulfil the responsibilities expected of the role of Senior Accountant.
- To utilise your own initiative, as you develop potential skills that would benefit yourself and the firm.
- Your role and responsibilities:
Management of the London Accounting team responsible for our firm, this includes:
- Review Monthly Prepayments and Accruals prepared by London Management Accountant.
- Review the Depreciation Journal, Fixed Assets schedule and month-end journals in line with the Global Accounting Policy.
- Finalise management accounts and commentary for submission to Group FC.
- Review of Services to LLP Recharge invoice and the Quarterly Balance sheet.
- To review the Cash-flow forecast.
- To reconcile Payroll and deal with associated queries.
To oversee the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
The preparation of London projection with support from our London Management Accountant, this includes:
Aid in the preparation of the London expenses budget, based on discussions with budget holders.
Support Group FC on London Year-end Financial audit which includes the preparation of Year-end Balance sheets and Year-end schedules, including the revaluation of WIP.
Prepare and distribute monthly spend reports, meeting with London based Budget Holders on Month and YTD Spend and understand resourcing changes, this includes:
Provide accounting support to the AP & Cashiering team when it comes to general ledger coding queries as well as Non-billable matters from Accounts Payable as well as giving support and training to ensure invoices are posted accurately.
Review Global recharges prepared by London Management Accountant
Preparing our firm's tax return with the Assistant Group Accountant with your team's support.
Qualifications and expectations:
- Previous managerial experience.
- Professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with at least five years' post qualification experience.
- To have experience of dealing with UK accounting and tax such as VAT, PSA and P11d.
- To have communicational experience of discussing matters with senior management, plus the ability to clearly illustrate accounting/tax issues.
- Experience working in a professional firm environment would be an ideal advantage, including the knowledge of partnership tax.
If you are interested in this position, please apply!