|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
An international law firm are looking for a Revenue Controller to join their Finance team.This is a new role and my client is looking for someone who has a good understanding of credit control and WIP. This role will involve liaising with Partners, so it is essential that this individual is well communicated.
- Organising and attending monthly meetings with all partners and fee earners within the designated teams, reviewing and agreeing actions for WIP balances and unpaid invoices.
- Responsible for reducing and maintaining unpaid debt levels by promptly following up on all agreed chasing actions (via telephone, e-mail and letter) in line with the firm's collections policy.
- Prompt and accurate production of invoices submitted, ensuring full compliance with all relevant VAT and Solicitor Account Rules.
- Identifying and escalating potential debt issues to the Revenue Control Supervisor.
- General matter maintenance including WIP transfers, write offs and amendments to client/matter details.
- Ensure precise records are posted to the credit control system and the diary function is fully utilised.
- Analyse unpaid bills held at year end to help calculate the bad debt provision.
- Preparation of statements and reconciliations for client matters.
- Processing credit card payments.
- Dealing with all billing, VAT and debt queries from internal and external clients.
- Strong academics including English Language and Maths at GCSE standard or above
- A minimum of 3 years' experience gained within the Revenue Control, Billing or Credit Control function of a law firm is essential
- Working knowledge of Aderant and ARCS2G is beneficial.
- Knowledge of VAT and Solicitors Account Rules
- A good business understanding and commercial awareness.