Revenue Controller vacancy has arisen at top 30 city law firm
Within the role of Revenue Controller, you will have the opportunity to:
- To work as an essential team member, responsible for the management of working capital from start to finish. This role includes the WIP, Time recording, Billing and Credit Control.
- Engage in a role that will support the Revenue Control Supervisor in ensuring an excellent service to meet the deadlines of the business.
Your key responsibilities:
- To establish smooth running management of WIP and Debtors as you attend meetings with partners and fee earners, making sure company deadlines for billing and cash collection are being met.
- Be involved in meetings with the fee earning teams to overview performance. Taking on a leadership role you will stimulate monthly billing, review WIP and client account balances and to ensure that WIP write offs are in accordance with the firm's Write off policy.
- To work alongside partners and fee earners to advise the route to take for billing/collection of client/matter balances under their responsibility. To actively engage in discussions of caps on matters, fee alerts, WIP level expectations, disbursement balances and other ad hoc queries to aid the billing process and ensure working capital improvements.
- To inform the Revenue Control Supervisor of issues with client/matters or where there is a lacking of progress in WIP and debtors.
- Provide assistant for partners, fee earners and their PAs to provide overall billing support. This role includes distributing reports, the generating of draft bills, the production of final bills and the creation of required supporting schedules.
- To oversee that all bills issued include their relevant information and have been authorised in accordance with the firm's guidelines, VAT and Solicitors Accounts Rules requirements.
- Working with cashiers to maximise 'Client to Office' transfers in settlement of client debt as you handle monies held on client accounts whilst you arrange for fee earners' approval to pay outstanding debts.
- To use appropriate methods to chase up on debts, whether it be from phone calls, emails and statements.
- To update notes on Debt Collecting System ensuring there are no delays.
- Be involved in the reviewing of the billing rates once you are in agreement with partners as you work with the Revenue Control Supervisor and Operations Risk and Compliance Team to apply these rates as well as any specific billing instructions.
- To establish good time keeping as a priority as you make sure that fee earners missing time is submitted, monitoring non-compliant fee earners who are breaching firm policy on time recording, whilst escalating queries in conjunction with the Revenue Control Supervisor.
Qualifications and expectations:
- Knowledge of Elite Enterprise/Elite 3E/Aderant desirable and use of credit control packages
- Confident with a variety of IT packages including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and adapt to tackle challenges in the corporate environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicational skills as you maintain build and maintain relationships with people throughout the business.
- To ensure a quality of work that reflects the high-performance standard of our company.
- To embody a positive approach to the task given to you.
- Established capability to work in a team, ensuring that you meet your targets whilst utilising firm wide resources.
If you are interested in this position, please apply!