Exciting opportunity Top City Law Firm for a Revenue Assistant to join them in their finance team on a 12 month contract, based on a 4 day a week.
Reporting to the Financial Operations Manager, your key responsibilities will include;
- To ensure prompt billing of the Firm's work in progress and prompt collection of the Firm's unpaid bills in accordance with the Firm's credit policy.
- Supporting the Revenue Controller and other Revenue Assistants as well as the Billing Team in managing the London office WIP balances and other EMEA offices' AR balances, documenting agreed actions and ensuring that they are followed up on a timely basis
- Assist with the review of aged WIP preparing summary reports at client/matter/partner level for review and processing write offs in line with firm policy
- Chasing Debtors by telephone, email and letter
- Meeting London Partners on a regular basis to go through their WIP and debt reports
- Running daily ARCs processes - including updating collections addresses in ARCS, checking against daily receipts, printing letters and copy invoices and sending out by post to clients
- Resolving queries or any outstanding issues in a timely manner
- Ensuring the credit control database is updated regularly and maintained with current activity for reporting purposes
- Monitoring the status of large unpaid bills before they become overdue to assist cash flow
- Producing statements and reports for clients/partners
- Running work in progress reports from the Elite billing system
- Ensuring that work in progress is billed in accordance with the Firm's policies
- Ensuring that work in progress write-offs are authorised correctly and are processed in a timely manner
Key skills needed include:
- Experience carrying our WIP meetings with partners in a law firm
- Aderant or Elite experience would be an advantage
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills to include Excel
- Experience of ARCs 2G would be an advantage
- Sound numeracy, literacy and accuracy skills
- Reliable and well organised
- Ability to use initiative
If this sounds like you - apply today!