Quality and Policy Manager - Audit Practice (Part Time)
A global membership organisation are looking to hire an experienced Quality and Policy Manager to join their established operations team in London.
The firm is a global membership network of accounting and consultancies spread across multiple locations around the world. Governed by a Board of Directors who have a common goal of delivering bespoke service excellence to their clients, this role will be imperative to the group's network growth and brand.
You will be reporting to the CEO as well as the Board of Directors, working along side a team of Business Development and Marketing professionals in a dynamic yet flat-cultured environment to manage and oversee the quality agenda across the network. This role involves a high amount of Compliance Management and Quality Assurance with an Audit and Accounting focus.
This role will initially be operating 3 days a week and due to the current market, you will be on-boarded remotely. Please note, the salary range for this position as advertised has already been pro-rated to reflect the Part-Time basis.
- Managing the support service across all firms in the network to implement IFAC and ISQM1/2 standards;
- Ensure timely and efficient process changes within all Quality Management programmes and reports;
- Review and implement enhancements to quality policies where appropriate;
- Analyse and review quality service of each member firm;
- Supporting with training activities across the network including webinars;
- Manage the communications of new regulations and adapting new internal procedures to comply with international requirements;
- Working closely with the Marketing and BD members of the team to deliver Quality and Policy strategy;
- Partaking in other responsibilities assigned by the CEO and/or Board of Directors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quality and Policy Manager who has gained experience within professional services to work with a leading global membership network in a friendly, consultative environment.
Membership organisation experience would be advantageous, albeit a strong understanding of how this type of firm operates will be considered.
Certified/Chartered accountants operating within Audit or similar looking for a change would also be considered.
Due to the nature of the firm being a global brand, knowledge of another widely spoken language would be beneficial.
If you're an experienced Quality and Policy Manager within Accounting, Consultancy or a Membership Network, then we'd love to hear from you!