Litigation Financial Analyst
As the Litigation Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for providing financial and commercial support to the Partners and COO who operate within the Litigation Practice Group. The purpose of the role is to work with the partners and the COO to enhance and develop the practice group's profitability, by making as informed and intelligent financial decisions as possible.
Key relationships you will hold will be with the COO, Revenue and Credit controller team, the London and Global Finance departments and the Business Development team.
As the Litigation Finance Analyst, your duties will include:
- Producing regular monthly reports for the London practice by sub group including enhanced client and work type information and profitability.
- Distributing and providing a summary of the P&L and key statistics reports for the London and Global practice on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that the financial reporting is appropriate, timely and well presented.
- Producing detailed financial packs of information to support business cases for Partnership selection and promotion.
- Proactive business analysis, including regular meetings with partners to raise awareness of the key drivers of the business and how they can influence them.
- Preparing the annual budget for the practice group, consulting with the partners as required.
- Collating financial information for various presentations, preparing packs for partner visits to other offices.
- Review and analysis of the Financial Performance of the practice for International Offices. Preparing information for Litigation COO to review the group's performance.
- Ad hoc reporting and financial analysis to support business decisions, such as client pricing/proposals. Working with partners to help in the pricing of specific proposals.
- Providing financial information on clients and matters to support the marketing and business development function within the practice.
- Working closely with other London Financial Analysts and region office to monitor profitability of work streams, identify financial trends and assist with data and analysis.
To be successful in your application for this popular role within Legal Finance, you will need to have the ability to analyse and interpret financial data, draw conclusions and make recommendations to the business; have experience working in a similar role previous (Ideally within a law firm or wider professional services) and have strong IT skills including Excel (look ups/pivots). Strong communication skills are vital for this role, as well as a good eye for detail.