A top Law Firm is looking for an enthusiastic Legal Biller to join their Finance team based in Chelmsford. This role would be suitable for someone who has previous experience working in a finance team within a Law Firm.
- Delivering draft billing reports and following up on a timely basis to ensure that regular billing patterns, and where possible monthly billing cycles, are established taking care that any special billing arrangements are observed.
- Accepting responsibility and taking ownership of minor operational issues, finding practical solutions and escalating problems where appropriate.
- Interacting with a wide range of contacts at different levels, requiring an awareness of own impact on others and an adjustment of behaviour accordingly
- Providing commercial and legislative advice as appropriate
- Ensuring that all processes are carried out accurately and in a timely manner, in line with agreed service levels
- Adhering to agreed best practices, policies and processes whilst adapting to local requirements as necessary
- Issuing ad hoc reports for both internal and external reporting needs
- At least 5 GCSE grade C or above or equivalent qualifications.
- Experience in a Law firm environment with experience of billing processes preferred
- To be able to demonstrate the application of best practice together with a commercial approach with regard to billing
- Experience of building successful relationships
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.