Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£90000 - £100000 per annum|
This is a busy and demanding role and you will be part of a close knit well established team.
You will be tasked with providing commercial, relevant and practical advice to the Partnership and financial analysis to support the Firm's decision making process and to drive improvements to the Firm's gross profit margin. You will also support the Firm's budgeting and forecasting process for revenue and direct costs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review and provision of commentary on monthly financial performance for revenue and direct costs including in depth analysis of any significant variances.
- Preparation of monthly financial presentations for the Operating Committee, including attending the monthly meeting where appropriate.
- Manages and coordinates the budgeting and reforecasting process for revenues and direct costs liaising closely with HR on the annual salary review and annual bonus exercise including the preparation of Board papers for the budget and reforecast.
- Working closely with the Financial Systems Team, is responsible for the provision of accurate and timely financial performance reports across the firm as well managing the provision of external client financial reporting requirements
- Act as chair to the Business Manager team, ensuring the team meets regularly to share best practice and to co-ordinate firm-wide initiatives and activities such as the budget and business planning cycle and other projects and initiatives focused on profit improvement.
- Assist in the development of firm-wide business solutions and processes to meet the current and future requirements of the firm's clients; to adapt those solutions and processes to meet changing market conditions and to ensure a consistently high quality of service throughout the firm
- Provide financial analysis to support the firm-wide lateral hire programme as well as for internal partner and fee earner promotions.
- Develop and lead the financial analysis team.
- Establish best practice decision support across the firm.
- Continuous improvement of our budgeting and reporting processes and systems.
To be successful in this role you will need to hold an accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and have a minimum of 10 years in a management or operational role in a leading firm with profit centre accountability. You will need proven experience of building teams and working with varied and cross-functional teams, to include IT, HR, BD and Finance.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate a strong commercial acumen with exposure to pricing within professional services.
You will need to be organised, experience of managing change, have strong communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills. If you think you meet this criteria, apply today!