A leading law firm is looking for a Financial Accountant on a 6 month contract basis.
You will sit within the Financial & Management Reporting team and report directly to the Financial Controller. This team works closely with other teams, both within finance and other departments.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of highly skilled team, take ownership of varied and interesting responsibilities and develop your career by gaining experience in a firm with a fantastic reputation.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts for the London office.
- Incorporating the trial balances and cash books of international offices into the firm's consolidated monthly accounts.
- Assisting with accounting complications, journal processing, the review of balance sheet control accounts and ensuring compliance with the firm's policies.
- Contributing to the preparation of quarterly Group management accounts for the firm, together with supporting commentary explaining and interpreting the results.
- Involvement in the preparation of the Group's Limited Liability Partnership financial statements under applicable International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Assisting in the preparation of the statutory financial statements of some of the LLP's subsidiary undertakings.
- Reviewing and understanding key trends and variances in the figures as well as the explanation of these to both finance and non-finance staff.
- Correspondence and meetings as required with senior managers to discuss monthly reports, variances, trends and future expectations.
- Assisting in the preparation of the firm's annual budget for certain London support departments. This requires close liaison with London based senior managers.
- Working with non-UK office managing partners and finance teams in order to produce their annual budget. This includes detailed income, cost and profit analysis aimed at meeting the firm's profitability targets.
- Assisting with the preparation of the global budget.
Part Qualified or fully qualified in ACA/ACCA/CIMA or Equivalent.
Strong Microsoft office skills.
Confident and concise communicator with an ability to influence
Proactive, enthusiastic attitude