Finance Business Partner
Really prestigious job role in Top City Law Firm for a finance/ accounts expert to join one of their practice groups to improve processes and support with improved financial disciplines as their Financial & Business Process Analyst. This is a true finance business partnering role advising on best practice and commercial strategy, working closely with the group head and the partners.
Reporting to the Group head, your key responsibilities will include;
- Support the division with processes and best practice around matter pricing, matter execution and working capital management
- Work closely with the Billings and Collections Team to monitor WIP and Debtors in order to ensure levels are in line with London office targets; including reviewing bill and cash estimates, identifying any variances and implementing action plans to meet targets.
- Weekly analysis of WIP movement, ensuring processes are in place to ensure bill delivery is in line with deal timelines
- Monitoring timesheet compliance and held time levels, ensuring prompt, accurate and complete time-recording - in line with firm compliance targets, in addition to meeting e-billing requirements.
- Producing budgets for the new financial year and reforecasts. This involves working closely with the Finance Partners in each group and the SHRM/BD team, on headcount movement, cost review and planning and ensuring revenue targets are in line with business plans.
- Monthly analysis of the performance of the practice and presenting to groups to ensure an understanding of key drivers (recovery, utilisation, leverage and margin) and identifying steps required to ensure budget and business plans are being met.
- Monthly variance analysis of costs (eg BD, staff social, travel etc) and headcount movement, both against budget and reforecast.
- Assisting the group head and the partners with analysis on fee proposals and monitoring performance of matters against caps and estimates; promoting the use of internal pricing tools, financial dashboards and profit models.
- Working with the BD team on key client analysis, including review of client/matter tail and analysis of client targets incorporated in business plans.
- Capture pricing arrangements and working with the Best Delivery team on pricing and work package reviews; including running workshops as applicable to raise awareness of the matter life cycle.
Key skills needed include:
- Financial or business analysis background ideally gained in a professional services environment.
- Be able to analyse financial reports of varying levels of complexity
- Be comfortable at communicating to all levels and presenting.
- The ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems.
If this sounds like you - apply today!