Exciting 6-month contract Credit Controller role at Top 10 International Law firm. This role works closely with the Divisional Heads, Group Leaders, Finance Partners, Partners, Business Managers as well as all the Finance functions to manage the debt profile of the company.
This role in Key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the Senior Credit Controller & Practice Groups by chasing debts for payment in accordance with payment terms.
- Be accountable for the management of debtor balances on matter files.
- Influence fee earners to achieve cash targets by conducting monthly individual meetings to review debtor lists & cash pledge information.
- Monitor comments coming out of the Partner meetings and ensure they are recorded on the system and agreed actions (e.g. a commitment to speak to a client on a debt by a fee earner by a certain date) are carried out and/ or followed up in a timely fashion.
- Identify potential problem areas to the Senior Credit Controller. Review electronic invoices (eBills) in broker systems, identify & escalate issues where required.
- Participate in meetings with internal and external clients to advise on debtor balances and provision of information.
- Manage expectations of cash inflow patterns by way of daily/ weekly update to the Senior Credit Controller.
- Conduct direct communication with Clients on debtor balances.
- Financial Information
- Management of report requests from Practice Groups at periodic intervals or on an adhoc basis
- Managing deadlines for periodic reporting.
- Liaison with users to determine business need of information and format required.
- Meeting with clients in a Partner supporting role to interpret reports provided
- Advise the Senior Credit Controller on the Bad Debt Provision exercise for Practice Groups
If you are immediately available with a background in Credit Control from a law firm apply today!