Credit Control Assistant
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£24000 - £26000 per annum|
A specialist law firm is looking for a Credit Control Assistant to work alongside the Credit Control Supervisor within the finance department. You will ideally have had experience in credit control in a professional environment.
- Managing the outstanding sales balances falling due and ensuring payment of outstanding invoices by appropriate use of e-mail, letter and telephone contact with our clients
- Sending out of statements of accounts to our clients
- Recording all communications made with clients
- Sending out copy invoices to clients
- Liaising internally with fee earners and the Electronic Invoicing Systems Administrator to progress any problems regarding invoice delivery and/or payment
- Daily banking of cheques (when received) and manage the Barclaycard merchant services account
- Posting receipts on to our IPT system and allocating the payments to outstanding invoices.
- General sales ledger administration to ensure our client records are kept up to date.
- Maintain the Sterling, US$ and Euro cashbooks
- On-boarding new clients to include financial risk assessment, AML, terms of business and client engagement letters
- Regularly meet and discuss with the Credit Control Supervisor and Financial Controller the position on new clients, debtors, cash collections against targets and any related issues
- IT literate - must be comfortable working with new IT systems
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a similar role in a professional services firm
- Diligent, attention to detail
- Methodical approach to work
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Team Player