Client Money Assistant
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£30000 - £34000 per annum|
Client Money Assistant - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Our client is a leading, international firm and is recognised as a leading legal practice where clients can benefit from them both locally and globally.
Your key responsibilities:
- To make sure all receipts (EFT's / Cheques) into the firm's client account are established and allocated onto host system.
- To notify partners/associates promptly of the receipt of funds into the client account.
- Dealing with deposit accounts, as you place money into the appropriate accounts and accounting for interest (under the SRA account rules).
- The completion of all forms for the bank relating to the General Deposit/Designated Deposit/ Money Market Deposit) and confirming all Money Market Deposits are online.
- The raising of client account cheques, adhering to internal controls.
- To guarantee client EFT's are paid away punctually in accordance with the instructutions given by various banking products.
- The preparation and recording of inter-ledger for client to office transfers and office to client transfer, adhering to internal controls.
- Aid in recording all client account payments onto the host system.
- Preparation of the daily client account bank reconciliations on any accounts that had transactions on the prior day.
- To guarantee all outstanding items are managed promptly.
- To give a report to partners/associates on all client balances that are held, furthermore, to assist in the clearance of balances whence the matter has closed.
Requirements and expectations:
- A team player who is supportive and engages well with others.
- A good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professionalism when performing tasks and demonstrating flexibility by multi-tasking to meet deadlines and hit targets.
- Adherence to the maintenance of established processes and systems.
- Excellent numeracy and literary skills with a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent (including at least a grade B in English & Maths)
- Good knowledge and experience of the SRA Accounts Rules.