Business Development Manager - First BD Hire
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||BD, Marketing & Communications|
We are working on an exciting role within the legal sector to for an expanding law firm seeking to make their first business development hire. The firm has grown to c40 fee earners since it's formation 10 years ago.
The role has a very commercial focus to it, so it's moving away from the traditional law firm setup as they would like someone to have face to face client interaction and plan a strategy on how to increase their market footprint in a variety of practice areas.
What the firm can offer you;
- Blank canvas approach, you will be building a BD strategy tailored towards the firms fee earners with the primary aim of increasing their client base which in turn should meet the business revenue growth plans.
- Opportunity to move away from a traditional more internal facing BD role, letting go off doing the more bids and marketing work.
- Mid-long term career progression opportunity, chance to grow the BD team inline with the demands of the firm and what they are looking for.
What we would like you to demonstrate;
- Previous experience of leading on client relationship work within a legal environment, we could potentially extend this to wider professional services however an interest in the legal side will need to be demonstrated.
- Senior level partner engagement & experience of devising a BD strategy then seeing this through from inception to completion.
- Commercial mindset, understanding budgeting and putting in place best practice for the firm to follow. An individual who won't be phased by starting from scratch and embrace the challenge and visibility within the firm.
In our opinion, this is a really exciting role for someone at management level who enjoys the client-facing work and sees this as a mid-long term opportunity to build a BD strategy and function away from an established firm setup.
If you would like initial details please do click apply or contact Ben Curle for further information.