Business Development Manager
|Specialisation:||BD, Marketing & Communications|
A leading investment firm which provides outstanding investment advisory and fiduciary management services is looking to hire a Business Development Manager to support one of the practice areas.
You will work closely with the business leaders of the practice area in order to create BD strategy and implement client targeting plans. The BDM will regularly interact with prospects and gather research on; target markets, prospective clients and competitors in order to project manage prospects through the sales cycle. A small portion of your time will also be supporting on RFP's during busy periods.
This is an excellent position for someone who is looking for a strategic BDM position which will eventually become more client facing as you gain more of an understanding of the business model.
- Project-manage prospects through the sales cycle
- Build relationships with target clients and organise prospect meetings
- Gather research on target markets, prospective clients, and industry trends
- Support on RFP's alongside team members and the investment directors
- Attend Investment meetings and build relationships in order to develop pipeline
- Contribute to the strategic BD plan taking into consideration client relationship management, PR and internal systems
- Build strong working relationships with senior stakeholders and challenge when required
- Professional or financial services backgrounds are essential. If you have Investment or Pensions knowledge or exposure this will be highly desirable
- BD strategy implementation/client development/client targeting experience is required
- It's important to have had experience working with and understanding RFP's and pitch presentations (even though the RFP element of the role will not take up a large portion of your time)
- Capable of being a real self-starter who can demonstrate enthusiasm and drive
- Must be operating at a manager level and able to think strategically