Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Delivering draft billing reports to Matter Partners (MPs) and following up on a timely basis to ensure that regular billing patterns, and where possible monthly billing cycles, are established taking care that any special billing arrangements are observed.
- Accepting responsibility and taking ownership of minor operational issues, finding practical solutions and escalating problems where appropriate.
- Interacting with a wide range of contacts at different levels, requiring an awareness of own impact on others and an adjustment of behaviour accordingly.
- Ensuring that draft bills and engrossed invoices are issued in line with the firm's policies and procedures, meeting all legislative regulations
- Ensuring that relevant authorisation is obtained where appropriate, in line with the firm's policies
- Ensuring the effective application of special rates and arrangements on all matters and taking measures to diagnose and rectify errors.
- Maintaining a report of cancelled and reissued invoices, and logging of information for use in the financial audit.
- Issuing ad hoc reports for both internal and external reporting needs.
To be successful in your application, they do require someone with experience in legal billing and be able to demonstrate strong relationship building skills. You will need to be a self-starter and motivated and be driven to always give 100% in your work. Team work is essential for this position also as culture and team dynamics is important for this hire.