|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||Up to £25000 per annum|
A leading international law firm is looking for an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant who has previous experience within legal finance, to join their finance team.
- To open and sort the accounts team's post.
- To distribute invoices to the relevant budget holders and ensure they are coded and authorised correctly, in line with office and firm policy.
- To input invoices into the purchase ledger system and ensure they are paid promptly within supplier timeframes.
- To proactively offer assistance to fellow Accounts Payable Assistant, Accounts Payable Coordinator and Assistant Finance Manager in reconciling large supplier accounts, including Get Taxi, Vacherin (in-house catering provider) and Seamless (online food delivery company) etc.
- To assist with weekly supplier payment runs and any ad hoc urgent payments.
- To handle foreign payments, post direct debits and prepare petty cash payments.
- To prepare PSA schedules in respect of evening meals and late night taxis.
- To make disbursement payments to ensure compliance with Solicitors' Accounts Rules.
- To check and process lawyer and staff expenses claims, ensuring compliance with authorisation requirements and office / firm policy.
- To act as a point of contact within the Accounts team by dealing with internal and external queries by phone and email.
- To ensure that all accounts payable documentation is scanned, filed and / or archived as appropriate.
- To assist with other ad hoc duties in relation to office expenditure as and when required
- Minimum of one year accounts payable experience, ideally within a law firm
- Team player, with a 'can do', positive and reliable attitude
- Highly organised and responsive with an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Flexible and willing to work overtime when workload demands