|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£28000 - £33000 per annum|
My client is a top US law firm who are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their hardworking Finance team. They are looking for someone who has previous experience within legal finance and who is looking for a varied role in a small finance team.
- Managing all firm invoices/appropriate approvals/accurately posting to GL or client disbursements in a timely manner ensuring time deadlines such as month/year ends.
- To include weekly/ad hoc payment preparation and accurately record settlement of invoices in Aderant ensuring a clean Payables ledger.
- Posting of office disbursements including Land Registry and Searchflow in a timely manner to ensure they are picked up in monthly bills
- Managing office disbursement credit
- Petty cash and any incidental bank tasks such as cheque lodgements
- Understanding of client account and transactions involved to assist at busy times/vacation cover
- Time recording and transfers
- Preparation of weekly/monthly/ad hoc reporting
- Assist with office account transactions including bill receipts and direct debits
- Billing queries when required for cover
- Assist in the preparation of internal/external audit selections/requirements and internal collection drives
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SRA rules
- Good understanding of Excel skills - pivot tables etc.
- Aderant knowledge preferred but not essential
- Preferably 2 years of legal experience