Senior Partnership Accountant
|Location:||London, Greater London, England|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum|
NEW permanent Senior Partnership Accountant position available in law firm working closely with the Finance Director.
The role is primarily responsible for all aspects of partnership accounting including direct liaison with partners on their current accounts, drawings and tax affairs.
The role includes:
- Being a liaison point for all partners' tax & financial affairs with the firm including new joiner inductions.
- Responsibility for the calculation and preparation of UK partner drawings payments, also assisting with overseas partner payments too.
- Responsibility for the calculation and preparation of the partners profit shares including partner current account payments
- Preparation of annual and ad-hoc profit-sharing calculations plus interest on capital / current account balances
- Preparation of annual drawings statements
- Preparation of annual partner current, current tax & deferred tax statements
- Administration of partner capital and accounting including liaison with the firm's chosen banking partner for capital
- Assist the HR department with partner remuneration queries, new joiner/promotion process (including SA401 forms), retirement agreements and other partner related queries
- Creation of drawings illustrations for lateral hires/newly promoted partners
- Assist the Managing Partner and their EA in the annual partner remuneration review including preparing schedules reporting on historical points awards of partners.
- Assist the Remuneration Committee with partner reward queries as and when they may arise
- Assist the Tax Manager in the preparation of annual partnership tax computation
- Liaise with Tax manager for preparation of annual partner tax reserving calculations to first review stage
- Assisting with the bi annual tax payments
- Acting as one of the key contacts (with the CFO, Group FC and Tax Manager) for HMRC, tax advisors and partners' accountants on tax matters
- Assistance with preparation of VAT returns for UK and overseas offices
- Assistance with other HMRC reporting requirements such as the PAYE settlement agreement
Previous Partnership Accounting is required for this position with some good partnership tax experience ideally. This role will get lots of interaction with senior partners including the Managing Partner so much have strong communication skills. An accountancy qualification is required to be considered for this role.