New Senior Manager role at global law firm working in their Partners Affairs & Tax - Projects team.
This role doesn't need a Tax expert as the firm already have UK and International Tax experts but this role will work alongside those teams on projects related work. This role would suit a qualified accountant from a law firm or wider professional services who is used to operating at a very senior level and working closely with the business.
You will report into the Head of Partner Affairs & Tax - Projects and wont have any direct reports.
Specific duties include:
- Working collaboratively across the different work streams within the Partners' Affairs and Tax team, Global Finance and In House Legal team as well as the wider business, involving subject matter experts as necessary to identify practical solutions and ensure that these are implemented and embedded in the business.
- Constant review of structure and processes to identify scope for improvement, seeking opportunities to leverage technology.
- Ad-hoc projects requiring understanding of internal accounting and revenue processes, working with Global Finance teams to deliver results.
Example of projects include:
- Leading the tax response in relation to potential changes required to the business structure arising as a consequence of Brexit, working alongside the In House Legal team.
- Implementation of technology to support the breadth of key Business Traveller processes, addressing immigration, tax and regulatory risks.
- Restructuring projects e.g. restructuring a number of offices in Europe - including identification and consideration of options, modelling work to assess impact on different partner populations and implementation of proposals, working together with local finance and tax partners
- Review and consideration of appropriate structures to support new business lines - e.g. the launch of Regulatory Consulting business.
- Selection and implementation of global tax compliance management software, working closely with the Audit Committee and liaising with external advisers to deliver the solution.
- New office opening projects.
- Development and implementation of Tax Strategy for the firm.
- Implementation of transfer pricing policies and supporting CFOs globally through the BEPs and CBCR changes.
Attributes needed for this role:
- Doesn't need to be a tax expert, an awareness of tax through accountant qualification is enough- does need a strong qualified accountant
- Strong excel skills
- Good understanding of systems and the way they work
- Someone who is Project orientated / happy to work in a bit more ad hoc way.
- Someone who can drive & improve processes, interface with partners, deliver information
- Needs to be able to see projects through from start to finish
- Would look at someone outside of partnership accounting background, would be good to think laterally so someone broader could work.
- Proactive with coming up with new projects/ initiatives/ideas - be investigatory
- Strong organisational skills
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend