|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
We are currently partnering with a leading Global Law Firm in their search for an experienced Revenuw Controller. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established finance team who support the global network with the processing of financial and management information. Furter details are outlined below;
- Create and maintain professional and positive relationships with clients and internally with the claims handlers and partners
- Ensure that fee earners are fully compliant with comprehensive time recording policies and register all disbursements to ensure accurate defence costs MI
- Check charge rates and ensure compliance with client service level agreements (SLAs)
- Liaise with the Financial Operations Database team to ensure the account system contains complete, up-to-date billing information in line with current SLAs
- Respond to all queries and requests in a timely and efficient manner, referring complex and contentious issues to the Assistant Billing Manager
- Maintain matter budgets and resolve billing related issues promptly to avoid delays to the revenue cycle.
- Provide a comprehensive credit control service - pursue debtors frequently and effectively by telephone, email and letter to secure payment within Kennedys agreed payment terms
- Proactively engage with fee earners, internal claims handlers and partners to improve collections and reduce debtor days - attend monthly meetings with fee earners and partners to agree collection plans
- Review aged debt lists regularly to identify bills that can be chased - ensuring that any issues are identified and escalated promptly to the partner or finance management as appropriate
- Ensure the credit control database is updated regularly and maintained with current activity summary
- Working collaboratively with the other finance teams (cashiering, billing and database) to provide an excellent service to our partners and clients.
- Working knowledge of a Credit Control function and legal billing cycles
- In-depth knowledge of VAT
- Knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Rules and VAT gained through experience
- Good level of IT skills, including Word and Excel
- Ideally a working knowledge of Elite 3e or similar financial systems
If you have relevant experience and would like to be considered for this position, please apply now.