A UK based Law Firm are looking for a proactive Revenue Controller to join their close knit team. The team has good retention and are keen to work alongside an individual that is a great team player. You will be part of a busy Finance team and will be reporting to the Working Capital Manager. As a Revenue Controller, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the full WIP management; including managing the monthly billing process, establishing relationships to gain knowledge about clients and debt management.
As the Revenue Controller some of your responsibilities include:
- Building a good rapport and liaising with Partners, Practice Managers, Business Managers and fee earners to discuss monthly revenue.
- Discussing the Firm's current position with regard to cash collection and billings.
- Reviewing WIP and accounts receivable (reducing Lock Up).
- Liaising with clients and suppliers to resolve queries.
- Completing all month end processes including client monies allocations, FE leavers' write offs and file closures.
- Managing collections and raising sales invoices.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliation.
- Dealing with a large portfolio of prestigious clients and liaising with them on a daily basis regarding their debts.
- Being responsible for supporting a team of partners with their billing and credit control requirements and closely monitoring billing and cash collection budgets and targets.
- Assisting line managers with the preparation of various financial reports on a regular basis and advising fee earners on fee deals, tariffs and rates using your understanding of recoveries.
- Overseeing the billing for a client.
- Preparing debt reporting statements and liaising with cashier teams on cheque and bank transfers, client trust monies and payment lists.
- Confirming when transactions will be completed, the level of fees expected and the anticipated bill date and requirements.
To be successful in this Revenue Controller position, some of the requirements include:
- Experience in WIP and debt management within the legal sector
- Knowledge of SRA Accounts Rules
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Excellent Communication skills and ability to educate Fee Earners in relation to best practice regarding all aspects of matter management
If you fit the Revenue Controller description above and are interested in moving into a new environment, then please apply with your updated CV.