Private Tax Senior
Private Tax Senior
We are working exclusively with a top 50 accountancy practice on a Private Tax Senior opening. The practice has grown significantly in size over the past few years and given continued growth, they are in need of a self-motivated Private Tax senior with excellent interpersonal skills to join their tax team.
The practice has a particular reputation within the media and entertainment industry, in addition to a number of other markets including legal, pharmaceutical, healthcare and property sectors.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Request information from client and 3rd parties (banks, building societies, pension providers etc) and send reminders as necessary.
- Collate accounts and other relevant information from other internal departments
- Use information to complete tax returns using tax software
- Prepare letter to client, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
- Ensure client receives tax return and any client queries are dealt with.
- Ensure approval of completed tax return is returned from client and lodged with HMRC.
- Calculate total tax liability for clients and advise client of when and how to pay tax and any interest, surcharges and penalties.
- Explain and apply maximum pension contributions in relation to earnings for clients.
- Review tax returns generated by Tax Assistants and Tax Semi-Seniors and use this to assist in their training and development.
- Ensure all P11D's and associated s336 claims are completed, signed by the client and submitted to the Inland Revenue within set deadlines.
- Assist Partners on tax issues in client meetings, if requested, and arrange own client meetings where appropriate.
- Identify any special work outside of the normal billing cycle.
- Review debtors and remind clients of any outstanding fees.
- Be ATT qualified, and ideally CTA qualified or equivalent
- Have varied, practical and technical tax knowledge with a minimum of 2 years practical experience
- Be able to train junior members of staff
- Have basic accounts knowledge
- Be experienced in IT packages (Excel, tax software, Word, Outlook)
- Have strong communication and organisational skills, with commercial awareness and client focus
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Candidates with less experience will be considered for a semi-senior private tax position and be provided with study support.