Pricing & Commercial Manager
Experienced Legal Pricing expert needed for Top International Law firm to join their high performing, established pricing and commercial finance team.
This role requires strong analytical and commercial acumen and the ability to influence and negotiate with internal stakeholders. You will also be helping to build up best practice know how on Pricing across the firm as well as managing and proactively identifying projects to improve the build commercial processes.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of strategic clients from a commercial perspective; advise Partners on tactical pricing options including value-add options in addition to rates
- Lead financial elements of client pitches (panel / client) working alongside Partners and CRM
- Act as trusted advisor to Partners; influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders relying on knowledge from prior engagements as well as outside-world commercial insight
- Advise on pricing strategy to optimise the firm's long-term profitability; recommend and implement projects to support this vision
- Identify areas for systems and operational improvement within the team; implement and measure
- Build and maintain pricing models drawing upon complex data sets reflecting our global structure
- Advocate to ensure pricing best practice is proactively communicated to finance colleagues around the network. Work closely to ensure take-up and consistency of approach whilst remaining aware of local variations in terms of practice and needs
- Big picture approach to projects working cross-function; able to consider the impact across the firm of new initiatives and inter-dependencies on concurrent projects
- Ability to understand wider business issues and ensure they are factored into departmental output
Key criteria for the role:
- Pricing experience within Legal or B2B Corporate experience is essential for this role
- Being very analytical with strong excel skills to be able to hold your own with very numerical people.
- Commercial in mind set - be able to have commercial business level conversations to ultimately help shape the conversation
- Thought leadership - being proactive and tenacious