Claire Cheung, CAANZ
Principal Consultant - Tax
This is an opportunity to join an international practice which places a large emphasis on providing a friendly, open and diverse working environment, in addition to offering an abbundance of opportunities for driven individuals to pursue their career goals with no restrictions.
Providing the right candidate an opportunity to develop their technical, commercial and client relationship skills in a supportive and collaborative environment, working with colleagues who are recognised as experts in the sector.
The client base you will have access to will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to work on a challenging and varied portfolio, delivering tax reporting, compliance and advisory services both in the UK and internationally.
You will be responsible for dealing with all matters relating to the management of clients operating within the professional services and investment fund management sectors, particularly partnerships/LLPs and their partners, as well as some corporate businesses.
- Act as a key point of contact for clients, responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Manage a portfolio of clients, taking control for project delivery of tax compliance and advisory services, as well as billing and cash collection
- Have regular involvement in advising on complex tax issues in conjunction with Partners/Directors
- Identify risk and technical matters and ensure risk and quality procedure are adhered to
- Recognise business and sales opportunities and work with the Partners/Directors to develop these when they arise
- Participate in bids/proposals for new work
- Actively participate in the management of the group through Partner/Senior Manager meetings
- Be responsible for coaching and developing junior members of staff
- Qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with demonstrable post-qualified experience.
- Relevant experience in a corporate and/or partnership tax compliance and advisory role, including some experience of dealing with professional partnerships and/or private equity funds and management structures.
- Personal tax compliance and advisory experience.
- Involvement in tax advisory projects.
- Ability to manage a large client portfolio.
- Involvement in business development activities with new and/or existing clients.
- Experience of dealing with client senior management.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication.
- Experience of managing a team.
- A commitment to technical and personal development, with the drive and ambition to progress and fulfil your full potential.
If you have a background in partnership tax and wish to speak about this role confidentially, please apply or email your CV direct to email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend