Ambition working with a Top 10 accountancy firm in London who are currently seeking an Outsourcing Manager to join their accounts and business services department. As you may expect with a top tier accountancy firm the opportunity for progression and development as well as working with a prestigious client base.
A top 10 accountancy and business advisory firm who have gone from strength to strength in recent years with offices throughout the UK, with this role based in London.
The Outsourcing Manager role will be responsible for providing leadership to the team, managing a portfolio of clients, and supporting Directors and Partners. This includes planning, monitoring, reviewing work of junior members and taking responsibility for business development and marketing initiatives. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Manage and prepare more complex client assignments, identifying issues and suggesting solutions
- Review regular management accounts for our client base and reporting to clients
- Review VAT and FCA returns for clients prepared by junior members of the team
- Review financial statements
- Manage the team on a day-to-day basis
- Possess up to date technical knowledge
- Work review of junior staff
- Understand how to interpret financial and non-financial data and explain issues to clients in a way that is easy to understand.
- Advise clients to aid business decisions
- Offers ideas from previous experience or other organisations to improve management reports.
- Manage a portfolio of clients from a wide range of industries
- Manage budgets for client work and have a thorough understanding of the firms billing procedures, including charge out rates, budgeting, and calculation of recovery rates
- Conduct meetings with clients and collaborate with them
- Look for cross selling opportunities
- Actively seek out ways to improve the profitability of engagements
- Understand the strength and weaknesses of staff members and assign work accordingly
- Training and development of staff
- Bringing in new business leads which turn into new jobs for the department
The successful candidate must be either ACA or ACCA qualified with demonstrable knowledge of managing staff and running a team/department within a top 20 accountancy practice. In addition, candidates will need to be able clearly demonstrate:
- Advise on and implement financial systems, processes, and controls
- Excellent knowledge of business trends in the industry
- Knowledge of the impacts that different client/industries and service offerings have on the technical work and final deliverables
- Up to date technical knowledge, therefore able to teach and mentor staff
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting and accounting functions
- Excellent understanding of cloud accounting software and add-ons and can articulate the purpose and value of appropriate systems to clients
- Able to easily commute into Central London
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and research skills
- Self-motivated and can apply relevant skills to new scenarios
- Coaches team to deliver results
- Excellent client interacting and relationship building skills
- Knows when to delegate and when to take personal responsibility
- Acknowledges and praises people for their effort and achievements
- Embraces change with an adaptable and flexible working attitude
What is on Offer
This is the chance to join a top tier firm in a key position that will push your career forward, can offer a highly competitive package.
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply directly, or call Jonathan Cohen on 020 7430 7273