Legal Biller - Interim
Urgently needed Billing Coordinator to join US law firm on an initial interim basis, while they look for a permanent hire. This role has the potential to go temp to perm if the individual is interested in the role permanently as well.
As the Billing Coordinator, your role is to assist the senior billing coordinators with all aspects of inventory management and billing for London office fee earners, ensuring client invoices are processed timely, accurately and in accordance with VAT legislation and Solicitors' Accounts Rules.
Specific duties include:
- Process time modifications including time transfers, edits, narrative amendments.
- Review and update client and matter details in accordance with new matter opening guidelines, including task/activity codes, arrangement codes and transaction dates.
- Review and liaise with partners to close matters where appropriate.
- Support client and partner requests for accrual information.
- Generate proformas and issue invoice, applying client terms and discounts as directed by email and/or via the online billing platform workspace.
- Understand VAT legislation and ensure the correct VAT treatment is applied for all invoices, including the EC VAT Reverse Charge, where applicable.
- Reverse invoices, where necessary, and issue credit notes.
- Print copy invoices and statements of account on request.
- Submit write off requests and action approvals.
- Process monthly personal disbursement invoices.
- Identify ebilling status and set up matters accordingly.
- Locate and view ebilling guidelines.
- Liaise with billing partner for ebilling matter number (LEDES).
- Load invoices on eHub.
- Liaise with ebilling team dealing with invoice rejections and queries.
As this is an urgent hire, applicants must have used Elite 3e in another law firm previously and understand/ be able to manage the legal billing process from start to finish. This will be an ongoing role for roughly 2-3 months and will require office and remote working.