Consultant - Legal Finance & Accounting
My Client is looking for an experienced Biller to join their team! In this role, you will have responsibility for the billing of the Firm, dealing with a high volume of bills each month. 🤓
The successful candidate must have a good knowledge and understanding of VAT regulations and excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills. 💻
Here are some of the duties and responsibilities you will be taking on:
* Day-to-day billing issuing of bills and credit notes, both UK and International; promptly.
* Billing queries. This will involve liaising with Partners, Associates and Secretaries directly.
* Action write-off and transfer requests.
* To establish build and maintain strong relationships with the Firm.
* To develop effective working relationships to ensure the smooth and collaborative running of the billing process.
* To take responsibility for the timely preparation and dispatch of bills on at least a monthly basis (more frequently if requested by the client).
* To assist fee earners understand the financial information provided on the billing guides/forms and that narratives are prepared in a timely fashion and dispatched with the bills.
* Uploading invoices for e-billed clients onto various portals (Legal Tracker, Tymetrix, Collaborati etc.), administration of e-billing data on required e-billing platforms.
* Where appropriate, ensure that particular billing/narrative requirements of each client are accommodated within the practices and protocols of the department as a whole.
* To diarise any off-cycle billing and raise such issues with the line manager.
* To assist the fee earners with any technical difficulties in recording time/billing.
* To ensure you adhere to the Firm's policies and practices and information published on the Accounts intranet page.
* Where required and with the approval of the line manager, to work with fee earners on ad hoc requests where financial input is required.
* To continually review and make suggestions for efficiencies to be implemented and new practices to be initiated within the department.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you!
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend