International Senior Tax Manager - 14 month FTC
International Senior Tax Manager 14 month contract role now available in leading global law
The tax team has oversight of the firm's tax risk and policies and global tax compliance. As the International Tax Senior Manager you will be a valued member of the Partners' Affairs and Taxes team supporting the Head of International Tax in the management of the global tax affairs for the firm.
Day to day duties include:
- Tax compliance support including managing advisors and internal teams to support local CFOs with tax filings for the firm and its partners
- Year-end work to produce non-UK tax reserve calculations, tax equalisation calculations and tax related fiscal accounts notes.
- Reconciliation and release of partners' non-UK tax reserves.
- Reviewing ad hoc tax filings in non-territories and advising on potential exposures elsewhere.
- Management of withholding tax exposure for the firm, both in relation to client transactions and interoffice balance settlement.
- Tax advice in relation to mobility issues including individuals working overseas during the COVID 19 pandemic (e.g. personal tax issues for partners and permanent establishment risks).
- Management of work of junior team members in the team
Technical skills/background required:
- Hold an Accountancy (ACA/ACCA) or Tax (ADIT or CTA) qualification
- Personal or Corporate Tax Experience to Senior Manager level
Personal attributes required:
- Collaborative approach and ability to build strong relationships with the Partner Affairs Tax team across locations.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex tax and accounting issues both orally and in writing to non-specialists.
- Numeracy and an eye for detail.
- Broad knowledge of international tax issues affecting professional partnerships.
The firm are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.