An impressive, top 20 international law firm are looking for a Head of Tax & Partnership Affairs to join their established team.
As the Head of Tax & Partnership Financial Affairs some of your responsibilities will include -
- Ensuring that tax is compliant everywhere that it has a presence.
- Ensuring that management is made aware of any tax changes that are likely to affect either the entities or partners or materially affect the cashflow.
- Advising on policy changes to mitigate the effect of any tax changes or to make the accounting or payment of tax or profits more efficient.
- Ensuring that the Group has the correct legal structure when partners join, or new locations are contemplated.
- Managing the relationship with tax authorities, the main one being with HMRC.
- Managing external tax advisors
- Managing a team of 4 people, to make sure that:
- The profit is allocated in accordance with RAC instructions
- Sufficient amounts are retained from partners to meet their tax liabilities
- Tax computations for all the legal entities are produced
- Tax authorities are paid the correct amounts at the correct time
- Partners are paid the correct amounts
- Tax reserves are accounted for correctly and 'trued up' promptly after the last payment.
- Our tax, partner and profit accounting are up to date within our PMS system.
- The tax and partner accounts are correctly disclosed in all the financial statements of the entities.
- The profit per Lockstep and Contribution point calculations are produced for both budgets and the year-end actuals.
- Calculation and accounting of the capital retention scheme
- Calculation, payment, and accounting of the closed PRI scheme.
- Assisting other areas of the business to ensure that we are compliant in all areas of tax including sales tax, transfer pricing and mobility arrangements.
To be successful in this Head of Tax & Partnership Affairs position you must -
- Enthusiastic, can-do, solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to work independently or with others as and when required
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to deal with difficult individuals and situations.
- Ability to form good working relationships with the wider firm (including other services) and the wider Finance community.
- Ability to work with people remotely
- Strong communication skills - confident and ability to present well
- Diplomatic but persuasive
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality when dealing with partners and firm management
- Experience of working within a service industry
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours as required.
- Tax knowledge, especially income tax
- Professional accountancy or tax qualification
- Relevant University degree (2.1 or above)
- Microsoft Excel skills
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend