Associate Director - Legal Finance & Accounting
Newly credit Senior Manager - International Reporting role live at leading global law firm, helping to reshape their global financial reporting offering.
Working as part of the central finance team, reporting to the Head of Finance, International with responsibility for all internal management and client reporting for the International firm. (Group financial reporting is managed by a separate team).
Responsible for leading on all management reporting activities, including production of monthly reporting packs for the CFO, Finance Leadership team, Executive and Senior Leadership teams as well as responsibility for a team based in our Shared Service Centre who produce standard format reports for a wide range of users.
This role requires great understanding of the business and the ability to anticipate reporting needs and connect events in the business and the macro environment to business performance.
This role requires excellent communication and customer service skills, attention to detail, team motivation, management and process management skills.
This role would suit someone working at Head of or Finance Director level, of a global firm within the central finance team, with lots of international financial reporting experience.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for management reporting provided centrally for use by the entire International firm
- Review all reporting produced by the team, ensure it is still fit for purpose, enhance existing reporting and develop new outputs through appropriate data visualisation tools
- Creating 'one version of the truth' for the business to use to track and understand business performance on a regular basis
- Ensure there is discipline around the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of reporting
- Work with the Finance Business Partner's to provide data and reporting that is meaningful and can be translated and used by the business
- Oversight of the team in our Shared Service Centre who are responsible for standard report production
- Excellent financial reporting experience and exposure to project based work looking at improving and developing current reporting within the firm.
- Law firm or professional services background preferred but not essential
- ACCA/ACA/ CIMA qualified
- Experienced managing people/ a team ( this role will have 3 direct reports with an indirect team of 5)
This role will need to be based in either Leeds or Sheffield.
Hybrid working policy 2-3 days in the office.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend