Financial Controller EMEA
Newly created Financial Controller - EMEA role now available at Top International Law firm.
As the Financial Controller for EMEA you will be responsible for ensuring reporting requirements in the region are met, working with the Group Finance teams and local ops teams to help provide a bridge between the local offices in the region and Group.
Specific duties include:
- Continuously review the reporting needs of the EMEA offices and recommend enhancements to add value to the business and deliver efficient and timely reporting solutions.
- Manage financial reporting audit activities working closely with third parties and internal teams to ensure audits are managed efficiently.
- Work closely with the Group Financial Reporting & Control Team to manage, alongside the EMEA Business Manager, the Firm's budget and forecast processes in the region. Support the regional and local managers to understand and feed into the planning process - the main focus of this being overheads as the EMEA business manager will manage revenue to gross profit. Ensure that budget managers in the region have access to information to manage spend within budget.
- Office Bank signatory for EMEA
- Have a good understanding of local GAAP in each jurisdiction sufficient to produce periodic statutory accounts for the tax team.
- Support projects such as new office openings, new system implementations, acquisitions and other Firm wide initiatives.
- Review the monthly group generated management accounts and communicate key performance features to the local management team with particular emphasis on overhead cost management against budget.
- Confirm monthly EMEA accruals.
- Work closely with the Group teams leading on various issues including Transfer pricing, international mobility, partner tax and accounting issues, corporate structure and officers/members, direct and indirect tax.
- Develop and maintain a robust knowledge on all local reporting and regulatory requirements in the Region. Manage and deliver all local filings on a timely basis. Work closely with Group teams in relation to any ad hoc tax queries raised by tax authorities in the Region.
This role would suit someone who has experience working in a global firm (ideally law firm or wider professional services) who is a very strong technical accountant, ACA or ACCA trained, who and can lead on audits and reporting under local GAAP for each jurisdiction across their EMEA offices.