NEW Financial Controller position available in UK law firm to work closely with the Head of Finance on the technical elements of Financial Accounting as well as supporting the team with good knowledge around Solicitors Account Rules. This is a business facing role but also dealing with external clients too. Along with the technical elements, there will also be a huge focus on managing the team with four direct repots into you.
Specific duties include:
- Overseeing the production of the firm's management reporting as well as the annual and quarterly financial reports and statements
- Lead the annual audit process, including preparation of audit committee papers and liaising with external auditors
- Work with the Head of Finance on the production of the budget and reforecast
- Ensure the firm is fully compliant with all regulatory requirements, include overseeing the annual SRA audit
- Take an active role in revenue and credit control management to improve upon the current lockup performance of the firm
- Cash flow management and regularly oversight and control of the firm's banking facilities, relationships and systems
- Reviewing the partner accounts and reviewing their annual circulation
- Support the Partnership Accountant with the handling of the partner tax reserves and cessation accounting and handling of the LLP's tax computation
- Review partners' capital requirements for existing and new partners, reviewing partners' drawings and distributions and review of the quarterly VAT return.
- To provide leadership, encouragement and management to all members of the team and act as a coach and facilitator
- Monitor individual workflow and capacity and ensure team members have appropriate work load in line with their capability
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide regular feedback, raising performance issues with the Head of Finance and Human Resources Department as appropriate
- Deal with performance management issues including attendance, timekeeping and return to work meetings
- Identify training and development needs within the team and discuss progression opportunities with individuals
This role is very much about 'bringing it all together' and working as a team as well as having good technical accounting skills with good knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules.
Previous law firm experience is preferred as well as holding an accountancy qualification.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend