Associate Director - Legal Finance & Accounting
Newly created Finance Director role now available in boutique law firm.
This is a number one role in finance, overseeing a small finance team. They are looking for someone who can be an all-rounder, working closely with the team on any of the day to day work if needed, but also managing them and supporting them, and working closely with the firms COO and Managing Partner (reporting into the COO).
They are looking for someone who has worked in the legal sector before, and who has completed their accountancy qualification and has experience in a senior / leadership role for at least 5 years.
- In co-operation with the Partners, Management Board and COO, develop strategies to manage and support the growth and success of the firm.
- Set annual income, expenditure and cash flow budgets in consultation with Heads of Department and other budget holders.
- Advise on pricing of the firm's legal work.
- Lead the annual salary review and negotiation of staff benefits.
- Oversee preparation of the firm's monthly payroll.
- Manage the firm's relationships with banks, insurers, brokers and other key third parties.
- Act as Compliance Officer for Finance & Administration in accordance with the requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority ("SRA").
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts for filing with Companies House.
- Manage the annual audit of the firm's statutory accounts and review of compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules.
- Prepare financial reports and analyses for meetings involving the full Partnership, Management Board and various firm committees.
- Select, implement and maintain financial technology solutions that best suit the needs of the business.
- Oversee and manage all the day-to-day financial operations of the firm including supervision of the Finance team.
- Develop and maintain financial procedures and policies of the firm.
- At least five years of experience in a senior financial role and experience within a UK Law firm
- A professional qualification with a recognised UK accountancy institute, such as the ICAEW.
- Significant team/ people management experience
- Worked in a similar sized firm so understands the requirements working for a smaller firm
- Strong knowledge of SAR's in order to fulfil the role of COFA
Hybrid working - 3 days in the office, 2 from home
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend