Finance Business Partner
Top international law firm are looking for a high profile business partnering finance professional to join them as their Finance Business Partner/Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an ability to drive change in a collaborative way, utilising their technical finance knowledge, with a consulting approach.
The role is very hands on and requires extensive interaction with stakeholders across the global business, including partners and business support teams. Excellent people management skills are essential to be successful in this role.
As the Finance Business Manager, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- First line support to the practice group, ensuring that the strategy, plans and structures are in place and aligned to the firm's strategic goals
- Support the annual budgeting and forecasting activities within the practice group
- Provide in depth analytical support on financial performance at practice group and team level
- Be the business advisor to the practice group to help the group effectively manage their financial performance.
- Provide training for groups of partners and lawyers, recommending improvements in efficiencies and practices.
- Work with partners, heads of department and others to encourage best practice in relation to accounting and profitability, pricing and matter management.
- Be the finance representative, working closely and collaboratively with business services teams. Develop a best practice approach within the practice and improve the efficiency of processes.
- Identify business trends and make recommendations to improve business performance.
- Support the practice group in building business cases for required initiatives e.g. lateral hires.
- Work proactively with the practice group's leadership team and partners to provide financial expertise and support, e.g. attendance/presentations at partner meetings.
- Monitor working capital balances, making recommendations to improve lock up and escalating issues as and when appropriate.
This role requires someone with a law firm or professional services background, must be fully qualified (ACCA/ACA/ CIMA) and be familiar with working in a business partnering role previously. Strong analytical skills as well as communication and stakeholder management skills are essential.
Experience working on very large budgets is needed as the practice groups you will be responsible for has over 350 partners in it. Big firm background therefore preferred.
There will be up to 10% bonus on top of basic salary as well as the opportunity to work flexibly.