The Disbursement Cashier performs a shared disbursement management role with another cashier as part of a wider team of five legal cashiers. They will report directly to the Chief Cashier in London. Their primary responsibilities include dealing with the disbursement invoices and payments within firm policy and the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Review/edit and authorisation of disbursement invoices
- Appropriate reporting on disbursement invoices for data reconciliations.
- Update to PMS System of new vendors
- Reconcile counsel fee notes
- Manage Disbursement Inbox and deal with queries
- Daily posting of direct debits/standing orders made from the firm's office accounts.
- Daily reconciliation of the firm's office bank reconciliations including foreign currency.
- Weekly reporting on Counsel VAT reconciliation and follow up with Counsel for fee notes for VAT reclaim.
- Entering/releasing all Office payments on the firms online banking systems
- Dealing with the non-invoice ad hoc payment requests ensuring they comply with firm policy and authorisation.
- Manage statement reconciliation for disbursement suppliers and follow up with stakeholders
- Organise a system to deal with disbursement invoices from other TW offices for prompt recording and reconciliation.
- Flexibility to provide cover on other Office cashiering functions when required.
- Ability to cross train in all roles required of the team to provide support
- Sound working knowledge of SAR rules
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels in a confident & professional manner
- Accurate input of data into various software systems.
- Flexible, adaptable and motivated team player with a proactive approach
- Basic working knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with online banking systems
- Organised individual, with experience of working to deadlines
- Previous experience in cashiering role