Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
|Specialisation:||Tax & Audit|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum|
Ambition is working alongside an excellent accountancy practice seeking a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager to join their team in central London.
The firm is highly renowned for there knowledge and experience, coupled with the fact that the clients are their greatest asset means that clients are treated with care and attention they deserve. It is no surprise that the firm has grown from strength to strength. The offices are based in central London, easily accessible by both train or tube, albeit remote working is naturally part of the role.
As a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for managing a client portfolio of mainly SMEs including listed companies and international groups.
- Manage client relationships and identify opportunities associated with client's needs, their business and key risks.
- Work with partners in the planning and conduct advisory assignments.
- Manage and drive the compliance process, while guiding and training a small corporate tax team.
- Review tax computations prepared by the audit department.
- Assist with HMRC enquiries.
- Attend client meetings and events.
- Complete technical research.
- Ensure team and individual budgets and performance objectives are achieved.
- Provide tax training to our audit personnel and junior staff.
To be considered for the Corporate Tax Assistant Manager, you will ideally be CTA qualified with demonstratable experience in a dedicated corporate tax department from a professional service environment.
- At least ACA/CA/CTA/ACCA qualified with experience in a corporate tax environment.
- Evidence of preparing and reviewing tax notes for accounts, including group reporting.
- Experience of mentoring junior staff and providing ad hoc training.
- Experience in different areas of corporation tax, such as international matters, groups and property companies.
- A deep knowledge of Alphatax, including group tax reporting within the program.
- Some experience of assisting with EIS investment matters and EMI share schemes, including valuation work.
If you would like to join this diverse and vibrant team in central London please apply directly or call Timo Turnley on 020 743 07263.