Business Development Assistant
A really progressive and modern Law firm with offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore are looking for an ambitious Business Development Assistant. Reporting to the Business Development Manager (BDM), this position has responsibility for the delivery of marketing and business development services to the Commercial Disputes Group. The role would be suitable for a Graduate/Business Development Assistant who is looking for a full mix role where they can make a strategic impact and help shape the growth of this dynamic group. Working at this firm means being part of a collaborative and friendly firm which champions your success!
Roles and Responsibilities
Assisting the Head of Practice Development and BDM to develop, with the relevant partners, a BD/Marketing plan for each business area
Working alongside fee earners to implement the planned activities for area of the business and ensure budgetary control of those activities including:
- Marketing collateral
- Working with fee earners and others in BD & Marketing to develop marketing collateral (e.g., capability statements and other promotional materials)
- Maintaining capability statements and fee earner biographies on a rolling basis and being the "go-to" person for those documents
- Working with the Senior Communications Executive and Digital team to ensure that social media and other online networking opportunities are exploited
- Working with the Senior Communications Executive and Digital team to ensure relevant and up-to-date information is included within the firm's intranet and the firm's website.
- Bid support
- Assisting the Head of Practice Development and BDM on practice-led pitches and the Proposals Manager on panel pitches throughout the tendering process where necessary, including for example: research, attending meetings with the bid team, sourcing pitch content and drawing together drafts, producing supporting materials and handouts, assisting in production of final documents
- Seminars and events
- Briefing and discussion with the Events Manager on each event
- Working with the CRM Executive and Events Manager to ensure accurate and carefully targeted invitation lists for each event
- Briefing and discussion with Events Manager and graphics on the design and production of supporting collateral, (eg invitations and seminar packs)
- Ensuring budgetary awareness for all events
- Supporting and attending events and planning meetings, rehearsals as required (liaise with Events Manager)
- Direct Marketing
- Supporting the BDM and working with the CRM team on client mailings
- You will have an understanding of business-to-business marketing, business development and relationship management within professional services.
- Experience of working in professional services is an advantage although not a necessity.
- You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- You will have strong operational and project management skills.
If you believe this role could be your next exciting challenge please apply online ASAP!
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend