New Legal Billing opportunity to join US law firm to cover a maternity leave for 9 - 12 months.
As the Billing Coordinator you will be responsible for the completion of all elements of the billing and collection function which includes:
- The preparation of client invoices and monitoring/ following up after they are sent.
- Working with the wider billing team which includes a Billing Manager and a few Senior Billing Coordinators.
- Working with the partners to proactively administer their billing responsibilities, preparation and processing of timely and high quality invoices, and monitoring and follow-up on outstanding receivables.
- Perform client billing and collection activities for assigned clients.
- Monitor aging of unbilled fees for assigned partners and/or clients.
- Monitor and manage outstanding accounts receivable, unapplied funds and collection efforts.
- Meet with Billing Manager, Senior Billing Coordinators, and/or partners to discuss monthly billing, outstanding invoices and strategy for collections.
- Prepare billing packages for each assigned partner (draft cover letters, invoices).
- Review Proformas for misallocated time and ensure time entries are in accordance with client policy.
- Communicate new/changes in client policies to timekeepers,
- Editing draft invoices
- Processing write-offs and generating billing variance reports and write-off reports
- Time/cost transfers; investigate appropriateness of where entry should be billed.
- Time entry narrative changes with respect to additions, corrections, deletions.
- Prepare e-billing invoices; submit ebilling invoices to clients via their designated ebilling system and very successful submissions.
- Track status of ebills submitted; identify issues, and work to address rejections and reductions as they arise.
To be successful for this position, you experience of full cycle legal billing is essential as well as Elite Enterprise or 3e experience with strong interpersonal skills, good customer service skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels, prioritise your workload and maintain good attention to detail.