Ambition is delighted to be working with a top 100 chartered accountancy firm who is currently seeking an Accounts Semi-Senior to join the team in London. The role can be split between the office and working from home, and is a great opportunity to join a successful team with career opportunities.
A well established mid-tier top 100 London based accountancy firm who offer a full suite of services to an enviable portfolio of clients. They have an excellent reputation with their clients and also their staff for providing a truly flexible and agile working environment.
As Accounts Semi-Senior, the role will manage a portfolio of clients, providing a full year accounting service including bookkeeping, management and statutory accounts. The role is flexible and could suit anyone with agile hours and remote working. Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Provides a wide range of services to clients, including accounts preparation, bookkeeping and the production of management accounts and information.
- Working on the books and records for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies along with the preparation of VAT returns, statutory and management accounts.
- Undertaking bookkeeping on behalf of clients (in house or at client premises)
- Preparation and completion of client VAT returns
- Completing small accounts and management accounts assignments, with appropriate training, guidance and supervision.
- Completion of the accounts file and production of accounts on CCH
- Record time spent on each client's affairs using the relevant computer software
The ideal candidate will have relevant previous experience, have completed their AAT qualification and will be self-motivated, computer literate and have good written and verbal communication skills.
Additional key traits the firm are looking for are
- Previous experience in book keeping, completing VAT returns and accounts preparation
- A minimum of 18 months to 2 years' relevant experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good organisation skills with the ability to multi task and assist on ad hoc assignments
- Excellent communication skills, with a good command of written and spoken English
- Good IT skills, including experience of accounting software programs, Word, Excel and other Windows based systems
- Prior experience of using CCH software packages, Sage, Quickbooks and/or Xero Account
- Able to commute into London to the firms office or clients
What's on Offer
This is an amazing opportunity for an accountant to take the next step in their career and build on knowledge learned within a small firm. Study support and a competitive salary are on offer.
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply directly or call Jonathan for a confidential chat on 020 7430 7273 or email email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend