Accounts Payable / Legal Cashier
Are you an expert with Accounts Payable and Legal Cashiering? If so, there is a wonderful opportunity available at a US law firm to join them on a 12 month FTC basis.
Working as part of a team, your duties will include:
- To accurately process supplier invoices using Elite Enterprise. Ensure invoices are coded and authorised correctly and correct VAT treatment applied.
- Processing weekly supplier payment runs of invoices due for payment.
- Run Elite Enterprise AP aging reports and ensure invoices are paid in timely manner to comply with SRA accounts rules.
- Running daily reports to ensure outstanding disbursements due for payment are identified and paid in SRA accounts rules timeframes.
- Processing twice weekly employee expense payment runs including authorising expenses in Chrome River and exporting data to Elite Enterprise.
- Processing of direct debit payments from office bank accounts in a timely manner.
- Ensure client receipts are processed accurately and promptly in accordance with SRA accounts rules. Where required ensure funds are transferred to client bank account in accordance with SRA accounts rules.
- Assist with producing weekly and monthly client and office bank reconciliations
- Entering payments for suppliers, employees and statutory bodies in RBS bankline
- Review client bank accounts regularly throughout the day and investigate funds received including discussions with Revenue team for client receipts and following up on issues with receipts.
- To assist Financial Operations Manager with SRA client money audit including investigating queries and providing data required for auditors to complete audit.
- Posting journals for entries between bank accounts, tax payments and other adhoc corrections.
- Ensure Expenses and Invoices inboxes are monitored regularly and emails dealt with promptly.
This role requires a few years of experience within an Accounts Payable/Cashiering department in a Law Firm and previous experience using Elite Enterprise Finance system is essential.
Strong technical knowledge of the relevant UK VAT and SRA Accounts Rules are also essential along with a positive 'can-do' attitude and high attention to detail and ability to follow processes.