|Location:||City of London, London|
Job Title: VAT MAnager
Package: Up to £60,000 + benefits
One of the leading Accountancy firms outside the Big 4 are looking to bolster their VAT/Indirect Tax team with a VAT Manager hire in London. You will be working closely with the Partners in the VAT team delivering accurate and technical advice to a wide range of clients.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- To ensure that clients' VAT affairs comply with statutory time limits, and to manage compliance work efficiently, profitably and in accordance with the firm's tax manual.
- To identify and advise on VAT planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required.
- To respond to clients' correspondence as a matter of priority, and to keep the client and partner fully informed of the current status of the VAT work.
- To undertake work delegated by the Partner or Director.
- To act as the principal point of contact to clients on VAT queries and to maintain excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with other departments.
- To closely monitor work in progress reports, to ensure the profitable recover-ability of work done and to bill clients on a timely basis.;
- To achieve targets set by management on compliance matters with particular reference to the submission of VAT returns.
Requirements for this role include:
- CTA qualification is preferred but not essential
- Previous experience of working at Manager level within VAT.
- Previous experience of winning work and ability to unlock fees from the existing client base
If you are interested in the role please apply directly or for more information call Matthew Barber on 0207 4307 281