Technical Project Accountant
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£75000 - £100000 per annum|
A leading International Law Firm are currently hiring into their Group Finance team, as a Technical Project Accountant in their London offices on a 12 month fixed term contract. This is a brilliant opportunity to work at one of the most highly regarded law firms in the world, in stunning offices and in a truly dynamic and forward thinking team.
The purpose of the role will be to act as an accounting expert and project manager on a significant accounting, tax and treasury project. To define and implement new policies and processes across the Group related to the project. Providing high quality technical accounting input and be able to gather input from others and organise the parties in terms of deliverables
Role and responsibilities:
- Understand the group structure and project scope. Familiarise oneself with the accounting structure within the firm as well as the accounting system.
- Meet with stakeholders as part of the discovery phase to extract and document the current position and the desired future state. Identify potential issues and areas that require further due diligence or subject matter expert input
- Critical thinking to interpret stakeholders requirements and outputs in relation to the project objectives, consider practical implications and business/compliance risk
- Consider the project from a local and global perspective from a financial / statutory compliance perspective
- Act as project manager: including; drafting the project scope; create and manage a project plan; organise and chair the project meetings; report on risks and report on the project to finance management etc
- Work through complex issues to find solutions and be able communicate these effectively to other parties
- Document decisions and create guidance to be used globally throughout the implementation and beyond
- Create an implementation plan and manage the overall implementation of the decisions
- Provide accounting support to the global finance community upon implementation
- Ensure that all interested parties are kept informed of project developments and progress
- Hands on role working with senior people within the finance organisation, Auditors and other advisors as required
Whilst this may appear as a project manager role it is equally a technical role and will require the candidate to be an accountant to understand the complexities, dependencies and risks associated with the project.
Experience in a law firm will be hugely advantageous, and Previous business experience in a global, multi-currency organisation required, preferably in a 'head office' or group function. An accountancy qualification is essential for this role. If this sounds like you, apply now.