Senior Partnership Tax Manager
An extremely exciting opportunity has opened up at a leading international law firm to work as their Senior Partnership Tax Manager. This is a head of role, reporting to the UK Finance Director, working closely with the senior partners and Directors up to Board Level.
As the Senior Partnership Tax Manager, you will be responsible for all the internal business and personal tax advisory needs and all related external tax compliance obligations of the firm including its subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures. There will be also an opportunity to provide some tax advisory support to Partners on client work, particularly for the Private Client practice area
Key Responsibilities include:
- Management of partner financial affairs including tax reserving, drawings and distributions, payments and policies and the management of members capital and capital loan facilities
- Completion of all related personal and corporate tax computations and all filings and submission of tax returns periodically as required
- Calculation of tax payments to relevant tax authorities including payments on account
- Provide full support to financial projections, tax budgets, tax policies and annual tax strategies for the LLP and related businesses
- Ensure governance, controls and policies are in place to maintain compliance with HMRC PSA declarations and ensure satisfactory internal budgetary controls
- Provide regular advisory support to the Financial Controller in relation to the preparation of VAT returns and authorise all returns prior to submission
- Proactively review all internal tax data collation assumptions employed within the financial control teams to ensure compliance with tax reporting obligations and ensure the effect of future changes in regulations are adopted within adequate timescales
- As necessary, advise the Board, the individual members, Directors and the wider business on tax planning strategy and provide tax advisory input to business investment and divestment proposals, lateral partner hires, international employee and partner secondments and consultancy agreements
- Support the financial control teams in the development and operation of transfer pricing policies
- Provide tax advisory oversight to the cost sharing services delivered to the firms community of members through the UK registered International service company and contract service arrangements.
The suitable person will be qualified in ACA/CTA or ATT and demonstrate a broad range of experience from working in a professional services environment providing a full range of tax advisory services to high net worth individuals, corporate clients and international partnerships and trusts.
You will also need to have a strong understanding of the tax considerations and compliance regulations for corporates, partnerships, employees, personal pension arrangements, international employee secondments, withholding tax and the fast-changing global trading and compliance regulations.