Senior Legal Cashier
A great opportunity to join a prestigious law firm on a permanent basis as the Senior Legal Cashier. Working in a team of 4 in the cashiering department, you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day transactions and ledger entries on the firm's client and office bank accounts, as well as providing support to the team and assist the Legal Cashier Manager in the smooth running of the cashiering function.
- Overseeing the day to day processes and bank reconciliations for all firm bank accounts, with main responsibility for designated deposit accounts and those held in foreign currency
- Assisting the Legal Cashier with the running of the main, busy, client account. Providing guidance and expertise in relation to SRA client money rules and ensuring that internal and external deadlines are met
- Producing month end bank reconciliation for all bank accounts for review and final COFA sign off
- Assisting with the annual SRA client money audit and general SRA compliance and awareness within the team and wider firm
- Identifying and reporting any breaches for entry on to COFAs Register of Breaches throughout the year
- Overseeing the AP Assistant with the smooth running of all AP processes.
- Assisting with the management of the office bank account balance and transferring between linked deposit account as required
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of the firm's expenses policy, budget codes and approvers and the Chrome River system
- Assisting with the reconciliation of our travel provider invoices and company credit card ledgers
- Making scheduled payments of supplier invoices, counsel fee notes and staff expenses, as well as ad-hoc payments as required
To be successful in your application, you will need to have previous legal cashiering experience (ideally 4 years+) and be able to operate at a senior level to support the cashiering function. Strong SAR knowledge is essential as well as knowledge of Aderant, and ideally Chrome River.
Personality wise - this person must be a team player, friendly and down to earth, be a strong communicator and have excellent attention to detail.
Remote working will be needed initially and interviews will take place over Video Call.